5 Questions You Should Always Ask Prospective Candidates During Your First Interview
Updated: Nov 10, 2021
As an employer, the interviewing process is a vital time for you to get to know your candidates better. Below are 5 vital questions you should always ask during an interview.
1. What are you passionate about? Their response and how they respond can tell you a lot about their personality and character.
2. What do you want to get out of this position? A desire to learn, grow, and improve is attractive in a candidate, and passivity should be an immediate turn-off.
3. What are your short-term and long-term goals? Understanding your prospective employees’ dreams is important, as it builds rapport and informs how you can benefit them during their tenure.
4. Have you ever done something you’re ashamed of? A willingness to openly admit mistakes is vital to a healthy working environment, as pride and defensiveness will only drag your company down. Observe the reaction that this question evokes.
5. How would you describe your personality? This allows interviewees to discuss the parts of themselves that they are proud of and believe would best benefit your company (e.g., work ethic, sociability, etc.). Additionally, leaving the question open-ended allows interviewees to speak freely, thus revealing where their priorities lie.
#7yearsonthefrontline #sarahytse #businessowner #womenentrepreneurs #entrepreneurs #womenminority #mbastudents