5 Things You Can Do During Unemployment to Better Position Yourself for Hire
In our current age of financial instability, unemployment has become more common than ever before. What can you do to help set yourself up for hire?
1. Evaluate your purpose. Take this time to have an honest conversation with yourself about who you are and what you’re capable of, and map out what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
2. Sharpen your resume. Making sure you stand out is vital in the application process. Resumes are often an employer’s first impression of you, and so it is hugely important to craft a piece that is organized, digestible, and professional.
3. Strengthen your networking presence. Meeting new people is a fantastic way of finding work, and the internet makes networking easy. Something you can do is build a presence on LinkedIn, using the site to proactively network and search for jobs.
4. Gain experience via alternate means. Demonstrate your desire to learn and grow by taking practical online classes or doing volunteer work for a cause you’re passionate about.
5. Never stop applying. Although job-searches are discouraging nowadays, maintaining drive is hugely important, and passivity will hurt you more than help you.